14 February 2021

love letter

beloved

my heart is pierced

you mesmerize me

I am yours as you are mine

born to you, borne by you

my mandala on an old book page

It's a challenge to not get mired in either religious, romantic or rabid consumer slant we we are sold on on Valentine's Day. With the advent of Hollywood and Hallmark, the story and significance of Saint Valentine has been lost in the fray. Not that that story bore much truth in it either. 

Unlike the relative lack of harm in Santa Claus or the Easter bunny, you have to wonder how much damage the saccharine fallacy of this day of love has derailed us all from the true purpose and meaning of loving someone or something. 

So today I choose to channel ecstatic poets of old and toss off a few loving words of my own. Falling lame and limitedly short of the mark love was intended as. I sit absorbed in the blue rays of my digital device. 

Heart beating to a virtual world of deluded illusion while out a window Nature beckons - be present to me. Mother I feel you under my feet, Gaia I feel your heartbeat, dancing to the eternal music of the spheres. Why hello there.

No comments:

Post a Comment