26 October 2020

what our dreams portend

Since attending the Dark Night of the Soul course given by Sandra Ingerman recently, I noticed the gap between my asking for something and it manifesting has shortened and compressed, yielding almost immediate results. 

It has resulted in some changes in fine tuning my healing practice and disciplines. For example, I grew up a believer in the power of prayer. The powerful act still moves me deeply, yet I now prefer to light a candle and wordlessly offer it up on the altar with whatever intentions I hold. 

Dreamwork Summit 2020, The Shift Network

The simplest offering of love and light is enough to yield immediate and miraculous outcomes. Best yet, when I am confused or at a loss, I allow grace to move through me and ease any stress or fear. The act of absolute surrender frees and liberates me completely. 

Then a sacred space opens up, expansive and boundless, formless and infinite. I am unburdened and released to take flight and soar. Beyond my self imposed limitations and off into the vast unknown. 

At the recent Dreamwork Summit, Sandra Ingerman distinguishes the three different practices of dreaming that fully create how dreamwork can manifest itself in shamanic practice or other healing. Since the dawn of time dreaming has always been important, especially to support and guide us. 

The Dark Night of the Soul, The Shaman's Cave

There is day dreaming where we are awake and directing elements of the dream. There are dreams when we are asleep and unconscious and not in control of what happens in the dream. Then there is lucid dreaming or the shamanic journey where the shaman or dreamer can direct themselves but not what shows up or is revealed in the dream or journey. 

Each type of dream is valuable and has its uses as long as we learn to work with them and interpret them accurately. Engage the heart. Invest life force. Involve spirit. Great things will unfold intentionally. 

Happy trails and dream on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment