07 January 2020

building community

It's a new year and a new decade - what better time to reflect and assess - right?

How do I show up - fully and authentically? Have I lived well? Have I loved generously? Have I made a difference?

This year marks a decade since I stepped out of a community that was my life's work and being for 15 years.


It was not my conscious choice of intended outcome at the time to leave. For many years I have missed things we did there and all my relations.

Even when I realized it was for the best I still miss it a lot.

When I stepped into another life I never thought to recapture or recreate it. I did not believe I wanted to - too messy, too consuming, too risky.

Instead I refocused and redirected myself into a solo existence staking out my independence. I enjoyed yet another opportunity at reinventing myself. Happy to learn more, do more, be more.

I busied myself finding a new place to live. Furthering my education - with a masters degree in adult education and training, with continuing education credits in research and writing, with a new career in the then new and developing field of social media and online interaction. Settling into a new life.

Before I knew it ten years had come and gone - another decade of change and discovery.

In all that time I lived and traveled a whole lot more. Met new folks and made fine friends. Exposed myself in more and different ways. Gained experiences and a few mind blowing adventures.

Finally these past three years I grew back into feeling comfortable and confident again in myself. Enough to fully commit to my holistic practice much more than I had been skating around through most of my life.

After many more conversations and collaborations with like minded and heart warming cohorts I am living in a community of my own creation. Harvesting sustenance from seeds I planted with my own sweat, blood and tears.

Inch by inch. Step by step. Bite by bite. It's been a well invested and deepening life I appreciate fully.

Happily putting myself out more in 2020 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment