01 September 2016

aging into true power

Aging Into True Power: Today being my daughter's birthday, it is also my labor of love day! 

A most apt day to celebrate how we've come a looong way, baby!


"A few years ago, I met an old woman in a remote Mayan village in the jungle of  Chiapas, Mexico. We talked a little and smiled a lot, made easy friends, and at the end I asked how old she was. . . . . I realized then that in that village where one of the most culturally isolated Mayan tribes, the Maya Lacandon, had lived for thousands of years, no one knew their age – or cared to."  

"I wondered: What would our Western lives be if we didn’t worry about how old we were, and instead simply grew older, like the moon fades with morning? And what if, in a culture like the one I was born to, women, both young and old, lived free of the oppressive notion that their beauty and worth only decrease with age?"

Read all about it at: 

The Aging Woman Syndrome, or How Women Keep Away From Their Power by Stefana Serafina 

No comments:

Post a Comment